Sunday, August 26, 2012

College...

First entry from my dorm room. First entry from college. First entry from Ohio. 

I am so homesick. I miss California. I miss walking downstairs to get food and plopping down on the couch to watch The Daily Show with my sister. I miss watching movies on Saturday night with my mom and dad. I miss my kitties. I miss my doggies. I miss my room and the instant comfort I felt at walking into it. I miss walking up and walking to my parents room just to lay there and talk to them in the morning. I miss going to the donut store and planning our day. I miss my sister. I miss my mommy. I miss my daddy. I miss looking at my mommy and with that once glance knowing she will rush to me and hug me and tell me everything will be okay. I miss sitting at my desk and looking out the window at the city I grew up in. I miss trying to do homework and having my cat jump up on my lap and keep me from getting any work done. I miss sleeping on my right side facing the wall. I miss my familiar bed with a slight dip in the mattress. I miss knowing that I would wake up the next morning surrounded by people who loved me no matter what I said or did. I miss being safe. I miss the normal-ness of my life. 

I know that in time this room will become my home. My roommate, a friend. My bed, a safe haven. My professors, my mentors. My campus, my city. 

But for the time being I am homesick. I miss my life. I loved my life at home. I know I will love it here. 

All I need is time. 
Time to adjust. 
Time.
Time.
And more time.

Mom, Dad, Kate- 
I love you guys. And I am so sorry that I was ever mean or short with you guys. I love you and call me often. Please. I need to know what is going on with you guys. I want to still be a part of the family. Hammy says hi.

Much love to everyone. I love you all. 

................................................................................................time......

No comments:

Post a Comment